Renters Insurance

Just because you don’t own where you live, doesn’t mean you don’t need to insure your belongings against theft or damage.  It’s a good idea to check with your landlord to ensure that they have home insurance in place as this will cover the structure itself, and to clarify with them who is liable for damage to carpets, curtains, furniture, and white goods as if there were an accident, you could find yourself having to cover expenses you never knew about!

Why do I need contents insurance if I’m renting?

Even if your landlord has an insurance policy in place, this will not cover your valuable belongings against:

  • Fire
  • Theft
  • Storm damage
  • Water damage and floods
Renting Boxs on heads

What personal items are covered?

Depending on the policy you choose, the following could be covered:

  • Furniture
  • Appliances
  • Computers and electronics
  • Clothing
  • Jewellery
  • Bikes
Do I need building insurance if I’m renting?

No, building insurance differs from contents insurance as it’s designed to cover the cost of repairing or rebuilding the building itself. As a renter, you do not need this coverage.

Still not sure about what insurance to get? We’re here to help!

Drop in to us today and let’s find a policy that works for you!