Professional Indemnity Insurance

If your business offers a professional service or consultancy, or handles data or intellectual property belonging to a client or business, it’s a good idea for you to consider professional indemnity insurance. When it comes to work, everyone makes mistakes from time to time and a claim made by a client for financial loss could have a massive impact on your business.

What is Professional Indemnity Insurance?

Simply put, Professional Indemnity protects you against any damage claims made against you as a direct result of advice you have provided.
professional indemnity

What professions should consider taking out Professional Indemnity Insurance?

training room
  • Architects, engineers, project managers, surveyors and interior designers
  • Accountants
  • Property managers and real estate agents
  • Advertising agents, graphic designers, printers, public relations consultants, event managers
  • Industry consultants such as management, marketing, security, information technology, human resource and professional training
  • Ancillary medical professionals including counsellors, nutritionists, optometrists, pharmacists, chiropractors, acupuncturists and speech therapists
  • Beauticians, hairdressers, salon operators, travel agents, health and fitness clubs and security companies

What will Professional Indemnity cover me against?

We can go into this in more detail with you, but some of the areas covered include
  • Defamation, loss or damage to documents, infringement of intellectual property
  • Bodily injury and property damage arising from professional services
  • Claims investigation costs, for example the costs involved in investigating and defending claims.

How Much Professional Indemnity cover do I need?

As every business is different, there’s really no “one size fits all”. The best thing is to discuss this with our in-house experts. They’ll give you the very best advice around!

Professional indemnity technician

If I have Professional Indemnity Insurance, do I also need Public Liability Insurance?

Again, this will depend greatly on your business. Public Liability Insurance is designed for those whose business deals with the general public, whilst Professional Indemnity Insurance will protect you and your business against claims arising from professional advice or services you provided to your client.


If you’re still unsure as to whether or not you need Professional Indemnity insurance, why not give us a ring. Our experts will be able to advise you. Protect your business against claims for loss or damage.

Give us a call today and let’s talk about your options