Home Build Insurance
Building your own home can be one of the most satisfying things you will ever do in your life. But it also represents a significant investment, so isn’t it good to know that you’re covered against even the worst-case scenario?
Why do I need home build insurance?
When building a new home or extending your existing home via the ‘direct labour’ route, there are various potential exposures to be considered. For example, if you are now the ‘employer’ and ‘project manager’, you are ultimately responsible for the site and the safety of the labourers on site. Similarly, if a member of the public were to be injured on site, they could potentially make a claim against you the cost of which, especially in the current climate, could halt your build completely. Not to mention the serious financial loss and potential delay you could face were your property to be damaged during the construction process.
Self-build insurance policies are designed to protect individuals who are building or renovating their homes by ensuring that their building investment is safe from start to finish.
Can you really afford to build or upgrade your home without this cover?
What is covered in home build insurance?
At Sheridan Colohan Insurance Brokers we offer comprehensive self-build insurance policies at an affordable premium which cover you for the following:
- Building Works and own plant materials(all risks basis)
- existing structure (fire only cover)
- renovation or extension
- your own plant/materials (i.e. generator, cement mixer)
- Fire Brigade Charges
- Hiring of equipment if deemed responsible under a hiring agreement
- Public Liability
- Cover for claims made against you in respect of personal injury or property damage to any third party on site. Cover provided for up to €2,600,000 any one occurrence. – SC to confirm amount
- Employers Liability – Cover for claims made against you by any employee on site under your direction for which you are deemed responsible, whether they have their own insurance in place or not. Cover provided for up to €13,000,000 any one occurrence
It is important to put your self-build insurance policy in place before starting any construction works.
We work with the leading self-build insurance providers in the market who offer 12, 18- and 24-month self-build policies to give you that extra peace of mind when building or renovating your house.
Call in and let’s discuss your options. We know we can find a policy that works for you.
Talk to us today about your self build insurance!