Sheridan-Colohan Insurance Brokers Privacy Statement v1.1
This notice will take effect from 25/05/2018.
Sheridan-Colohan Insurance Brokers (We) are committed to respecting and protecting your privacy.
It is the intention of this privacy statement to explain to you the information practices of Sheridan-Colohan Insurance Brokers in relation to the information we collect about you and other users. This statement reaffirms the intention of Sheridan-Colohan Insurance Brokers to protect the rights and privacy of persons in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulations.
Please read this Statement carefully as it sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Who are we?
Sheridan-Colohan was established in 1981 and since then has served the people of Wicklow and surrounding areas providing financial services ranging from personal insurances for motor, household and travel to commercial insurances for commercial property, motor fleet, and liability, to life assurance, pensions, savings and investments.
Our data protection representatives can be contacted directly here:
- Georgina Sheridan
- 0404 68455
Why do Sheridan-Colohan Insurance Brokers need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to provide you with general insurance and/or financial related services, we need to collect certain personal data so that the insurance companies/markets we work with can process the relevant request. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes, Sheridan-Colohan Insurance Brokers would contact you for additional consent.
Why are we processing your data? Our legal basis –
Our reasons and purposes for processing your personal data are:
- We have your consent to do so
- General provision of insurance products (performance of a contract)
- Provision of renewal services in respect of general insurance products
- Provision of administration of general insurance products, its associated companies and agents, by customers’ intermediaries
- To undertake advertising, marketing, direct marketing and public relation exercises
- To perform accounting and other record-keeping functions
- To undertake research and statistical analysis in relation to products offered and customers serviced
- To help detect and prevent crime
- Disclosure to regulatory bodies for the purposes of monitoring and/or enforcing Sheridan-Colohan Insurance Broker’s compliance with any regulatory rules/codes
- To keep customers’ information secure
- To enhance or improve our customers’ experience of our website
How will Sheridan-Colohan Insurance Brokers use the personal data it collects about you?
Sheridan-Colohan Insurance Brokers will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary.
Under what circumstances will Sheridan-Colohan Insurance Brokers contact you?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
We will also ensure that our contact with you is subject to the regulations set out in the Central Bank of Ireland’s Consumer Protection Code 2012.
Who are we sharing your data with?
If we collect any special categories of personal data (e.g. health, religious beliefs, racial, ethnic origin), we will ensure that we obtain your explicit consent. Financial information is not classified as special category of personal data.
Who are we sharing your data with?
We may pass your personal data on to insurance companies / insurance providers / third-party service providers contracted to Sheridan-Colohan Insurance Brokers in the course of carrying out activities mentioned previously. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide on your behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with their own GDPR compliant procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your explicit consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise. If we transfer personal data to a third party outside the EU, we as the data controller will ensure the recipient (processor or another controller) has provided the appropriate safeguards and, on condition that enforceable data subject rights and effective legal remedies for you the data subject are available.
Data Subjects Rights:
Sheridan-Colohan Insurance Brokers facilitate your rights as our client, in line with our data protection policy and the subject access request procedure. This is available on request. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Organisation Name refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved as we have indicated in the processing of your personal data.
Additional information we are providing you with to ensure we are transparent and fair with our processing:
Retention of your personal data
Data will not be held for longer than is necessary for the purpose(s) for which it was obtained. Sheridan-Colohan Insurance Brokers will process personal data in accordance with our retention schedule. This retention schedule has been governed by our regulatory body, Central Bank of Ireland and our internal governance.
We may record telephone calls, both to and from this office, for training, verification and regulatory purposes.
A cookie is a simple text file stored by the browser on your computer at the request of our server and only that server will be able to retrieve or read the contents of that cookie. We record visits to our website and use browser cookies in order to monitor your progress through our site, although we do not store your personal data in browser cookies. This information is used by us to measure the performance of the site and to generate other statistics about visitors to our website in general. We may also use this data to make the site easier and more convenient to use.
If we are relying on your consent to process your data you can withdraw this at any time, unless this contravenes any legal /regulatory requirement. Your withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your consent before it withdrawal.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Sheridan-Colohan Insurance Brokers or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and Sheridan-Colohan Insurance Brokers data protection representative. email@example.com
Failure to provide further information
If we are collecting your data to fulfil a contract (insurance policy or financial services) and you cannot provide this data the consequences of this could mean the contract cannot be completed or details are incorrect.
If we intend to further process your personal data for a purpose other than for which the data was collected, we will provide this information prior to processing this data.
Your privacy is important to us. If you have any comments or questions regarding this statement, please contact us on (0404)68455 or email firstname.lastname@example.org