Landlord Insurance

Do you own a rental property? Then you need landlord insurance. Life as a landlord can be complicated. Finding new tenants, keeping your property in good condition, managing rental payments …. finding the right insurance cover.  And, with a rental property, the type of insurance cover you need is not the same as for a residential property.

How do I know if I need landlord insurance?

If you rent out a property either privately or through an agency, then you need landlord insurance.

What does landlord insurance cover?

Like home insurance in many ways, landlord insurance will provide you with cover to replace your buildings, fixtures and fittings, windows and white goods should the need arise. However, it may also provide additional cover against:

  • Liability as a landlord
  • Loss of rental income following an insured incident

Do I have to take out specific buy-to-let insurance?

If you currently hold a buy-to-let mortgage, your bank will require you to take out specific buy-to-let insurance.

As a landlord, how do I know what I am liable for?

The following organisations can help you find the information you’re looking for:

The Residential Tenancies Board –

Residential Landlords Association of Ireland –

The Irish Property Owners Association –

So, whether you have a rental portfolio or just one rental property……

Call in to us today and let’s find you the best policy!